Wednesday, August 10, 2011

PoetryScorned pt2

*part 2 of poetry scorned. read immediately after part 1*

dont call it writers block.
im passed all that.
past 6 months my pen been gaining weight
now its fat
not so simple to just pick up and write anymore
im wack
seems poetry was mad at me and took my pen out to eat
a lot
now i learn my pens been cheating on me with all the poetry it got
reason behind it being so heavy

it dont care about keeping it tight any more
its found a love more unconditional
more complete
more hardcore
what ive come to know as poetry scorned

so dont call it writers block
im past being lazy.
my pen being cheating on me
with poetry
now they're having a baby
called scorn
so now im listening to poetry's confessions
and im asking

poetry? how could you go?
around and hurt me so?
i tried
so hard to please you baby
but i just cant seem to, baby

and im heart broken
or broken-hearted because my pen and poetry betrayed me
i thought they'd be my future
them id always see
so now im stuck past writers block
past off my game
past saying "ill write tomorrow"
past being called lame
past watching 8mile
or listening to a black ice cd
past not being a poet
past wishing i was half as good as i used to be
stuck between looking at all my poetry books
and simply not writing anymore....
dealing with this
poetry
scorned

No comments:

Post a Comment